In the aftermath of Vasyl Lomachenko adding to his reputation as the pound-for-pound baddest man on the planet with a devastating knockout of Anthony Crolla on Friday, beloved ESPN boxing analyst Teddy Atlas and boxing’s most enduring kingmaker, promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank Boxing, weighed in on the possibility of Lomachenko facing Mikey Garcia in the future. Bob Arum on making Mikey Garcia-Vasyl Lomachenko Fight: “F— Bad Blood! … It’s (All About) The Benjamins!”From an ESPN studio set in Bristol, CT., immediately after the Loma-Crolla beatdown, Atlas was asked by ESPN host Kevin Connors, “who would you like to see Loma fight?” …Read More
On March 28, 2019, Veronica Harms, California State Athletic Commission Deputy Director of Communications, announced: “before he will be licensed to fight in California again, boxer Kubrat Pulev must appear in front of the commission and demonstrate that he will conform to this principle of respect.” The statement from Harms and the CSAC referred to a March 15, 2019, incident that took place shortly after heavyweight contender Pulev stopped Bogdan Dinu in the 7th round of a boxing match in Costa Mesa, CA. …Read More
VIDEO OF 6-FOOT-9 HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP AT A RAVE? YES, PLEASE Early this morning video began popping...Read More
LAST TO KNOW? SPENCE TOUTS SELLOUT AS TICKETS REMAIN UNSOLD Yesterday Sports by Brooks reported...Read More
JERRYWORLD FACES SEA OF EMPTY SEATS FOR SPENCE-GARCIA FIGHT With just a week remaining before...Read More
VIDEO: BOXER SHAWN PORTER MAKES WEIGHT LIMIT BY A HAIR Friday afternoon World Boxing Council...Read More
- VIDEO: PULEV ACCUSER GAVE LAPDANCE AT BOXER’S GATHERING
- ABOUT BROOKS MELCHIOR AND SPORTSBYBROOKS.COM
- SHOOTING THE 3: FRANCESA’S TWITTER “FUNHOUSE” ANTAGONIST
- SHOULD WOMEN ASPIRE TO BE WHAT THEY SEE ON SPORTS TV?
- VIDEO OF 6-FOOT-9 HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP AT A RAVE? YES, PLEASE
- SEC POLICY OF HIDING GAME OFFICIAL IDENTITIES NEEDS FIXING
- ADNAN VIRK: FORGIVENESS IN THE FACE OF DISCRIMINATION
- SOURCES: BEADLE, PIERCE, BILLUPS OUT AT ESPN’S “COUNTDOWN”
- SHOOTING THE 3: ANDREW MARCHAND OF THE NEW YORK POST
- VIDEO: HOW DO WE KNOW BRET HART FAN ATTACK WASN’T FAKE?