Front Office Sports Senior Writer Michael McCarthy has long been in the vanguard of sports business media, having contributed in that capacity to the NEW YORK TIMES, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, WALL STREET JOURNAL, CNBC, USA TODAY, SPORTING NEWS, NEWSDAY and ADWEEK. The multi-platform journalist frequently appears as a guest on TV/Radio/Podcasts to discuss sports business, media and marketing news. McCarthy has appeared on everything from CBS This Morning, NBC’s Today, Fox & Friends and Access Hollywood to CNBC, CNN, NPR and the BBC. …Read More
Darren Rovell was our first-ever interview on SportsbyBrooks.com, so it’s about time we dropped in on him again. Rovell is no stranger to anyone on Twitter, having built a massive following thanks to a relentless content presentation on his timeline that – at times – boggles the mind. Darren, quite literally, invented the job of electronic sports business reporter and through his high-profile reportage for ESPN and CNBC helped elevate entire industries – like sports memorabilia, eating contests and sports gambling – into the mainstream of American life. …Read More
- VIDEO: PULEV ACCUSER GAVE LAPDANCE AT BOXER’S GATHERING
- SEC POLICY OF HIDING GAME OFFICIAL IDENTITIES NEEDS FIXING
- ABOUT BROOKS MELCHIOR AND SPORTSBYBROOKS.COM
- CA LAW FURTHER LIMITS YOUTH FOOTBALL CONTACT; BAN NEXT?
- SHOOTING THE 3: FRED SEGAL OF TWITTER’S FREEZING COLD TAKES
- SHOULD WOMEN ASPIRE TO BE WHAT THEY SEE ON SPORTS TV?
- ARUM WILL TAKE JOY IN “LOMA BEATING THE S— OUT” OF MIKEY
- SOURCES: BEADLE PROBABLY OUT AT ESPN – LANDING SPOT AT ABC?
- BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO: MONTANA, ADMISSIONS FIXER ARE CO-STARS
- SHOOTING THE 3: PETER BURNS OF ESPN’S SEC NETWORK