Randy Riggs of the AUSTIN AMERICAN-STATESMAN has what was likely the reason that Vince Young, after saying nothing about the 2005 Heisman Trophy for five years, suddenly stepped up on Monday and proclaimed, “I definitely want it.”
(Brown Eyed The Heisman ‘On Behalf Of Texas’? Hmmm.)
Brown credited himself as the reason V.Y. reconsidered accepting the award: Read more…
Jim Wyatt of the NASHVILLE TENNESSEAN reports that Vince Young has finally weighed in on the record about his stance on the 2005 Heisman Trophy.
Last week, Young was asked twice if he’d be interested in being awarded the 2005 trophy if the Heisman Trust decides to strip Bush of the honor. Wyatt reports that both times Young refused comment.
Monday, Young made his thoughts known about the situation.
The DALLAS MORNING NEWS reports Sunday afternoon:
(Video of Vince Young strip club fight posted below)
The Dallas Police Department issued Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young a Class C assault citation for his role in a Sunday morning altercation at a Dallas strip club that left one person injured.
Officials said they reviewed a tape of the incident and interviewed witnesses before issuing the citation, which is punishable by a fine of up to $500.
The altercation broke out “after words were exchanged” at Club Onyx, with the first call to police at 3:38 a.m.
Club security made a second call to police at 4:06 a.m., and an ambulance was called at about 5:30 a.m. Police believe Young left the scene before officers arrived, a DPD official said.
Holly Yan of the KDAF-TV in Dallas has more details of the altercation - and it sounds like “words” had nothing to do with what caused the fight. Read more…
UPDATE (8:30p ET): You can now watch video of the Vince Young strip club fight here.
CBS 11 in Dallas reports today that Vince Young is a “prime suspect” in a strip club altercation that caused “bodily injury” to an individual early Sunday morning. Here’s a photo of Young before the altercation last night:
Young is behind four ladies after he bought a bottle of champagne for them. One of the ladies was celebrating her birthday. The photo was not taken at Club Onyx, the strip club in question.
Twitter also provided what may or may not be clues as to what happened at the club. Read more…
Heisman Trophy voter Tom Shatel of the OMAHA WORLD-HERALD has made up his mind what he will advocate if the coming soon-NCAA ruling on possible sanctions for the USC football program determines Reggie Bush was ineligible for his Heisman Trophy-winning 2005 season.
(Could V.Y. still claim the Heisman from ‘05?)
(Do I) agree with stripping Reggie Bush of his Heisman if Bush was found to be ineligible by the NCAA for the 2005 season in which he won the award? … Yes.
I think we should have higher standards for national awards like this. I think the Heisman should and does stand for something bigger than scoring touchdowns. I think it’s absolutely okay to charge every winner with upholding the honor of this award their entire lives. And if they weren’t even eligible when they won it, that’s more than fair game.
Shatel’s opinion was based on a question from Jason Cole and Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, who are polling all of the Heisman voters on the matter. Cole and Robinson were the first to break the news of Bush allegedly receiving improper benefits from two sports marketing agents while still in school at USC.
In addition to his advocating Bush be stripped of the Heisman Trophy, Shatel took the situation a very interesting step further. Read more…
• Charles Barkley has some relationship advice for Shawne Merriman: “You don’t get your women from reality TV.”
• Well, Jay Cutler’s debut for the Chicago Bears could have gone better.
• Fox Sports reporter Chris Myers compares Larry Foote’s jersey from the Steelers to the Lions to going from dating Beyonce to Whoopi Goldberg.
• Michelle Wie’s blog is worth checking out - if only for the leather skirts.
• Jim Tressel says Ohio State fans are unhappy & miserable. And William Rolle sort of proves the coach’s theory.
, Charles Barkley
, Chicago Bears
, Chris Myers
, Jay Cutler
, Jim Tressel
, Larry Foote
, Michelle Wie
, Myles Brand
, New York Yankees
, Ohio State Buckeyes
, Shawne Merriman
, Steve McNair
, Tila Tequila
, Toronto Blue Jays
, Vince Young
, Walter Payton
, Whoopi Goldberge
, William Rolle
• A Michigan player punched a Notre Dame opponent during last weekend’s game? Rich Rodriguez has no idea what you’re talking about.
• Duke football players bedevil fans with their own shirtless poster.
• How did Lane Kiffin get to be the coaching genius that he is? By washing Reggie White’s car while his dad coached.
• Bills KR Leodis McKelvin decides not to press charges against the two teens who vandalized his yard after the Pats loss.
• Panthers WR Steve Smith loves teammate Jake Delhomme as a person, but hates him as a QB.
Tags: Buffalo Bills
, Carolina Panthers
, Duke Blue Devils
, Emily Montforto
, Jake Delhomme
, Lane Kiffin
, Leodia Mckelvin
, Los Angeles Lakers
, Michigan Wolverines
, New Jersey Nets
, Notre Dame Fighting Irish
, Rich Rodriguez
, Ron Artest
, Steve McNair
, Steve Smith
, Tennessee Volunteers
, Vince Young
We tend to get pretty cynical around here; understandable, because there’s only three parking spaces at SbB, and Gaines takes them all up with his used motorhome. But every now and then a story hits us like a basket of kittens, and we must emote. This item about Vince Young and the young sons of the late Steve McNair is one of those.
At first blush, we’re all thinking ‘Vince Young, as crazy as ever.’ (Exception, Mike Greenberg: ‘I really like pie.’). And truthfully, I’m not really ready to let him do my taxes or babysit the kids. But could it be, perhaps, that the Titans quarterback is on the road to recovery?
The man has had his ups and downs to be sure. In an article that appeared on ESQUIRE.COM on Tuesday, Young talked about his life, his tribulations, and his belief that he will rise from the ashes. And not only did he give notice that he will win a Super Bowl title, but he also had another, bigger prediction. Read more…
• Danica Patrick helps sell cell phones by autographing some boobs - but not the kind of racks you really want to see.
• Tony La Russa sues Twitter over pseudo-St. Louis manager account.
• Vince Young wants a trade? No, it’s all just a wacky misunderstanding!
• The Penguins give a little extra effort in beating the Red Wings - thanks to no penalties for extra men on the ice.
• Red Sox caps - now available with the fresh scent of watermelon!
Tags: Boston Red Sox
, Buffalo Bills
, Danica Patrick
, Detroit Red Wings
, Little League
, Oakland Raiderettes
, Pittsburgh Penguins
, St. Louis Cardinals
, Tennessee Titans
, Terrell Owens
, Tiger Woods
, Tony La Russa
, Vince Young
, Volleyball Coach Thief
, Watermelon Caps