• Lindsay Soto sure knows how to keep abreast of NHL playoff action.
• Perhaps looking for a little more face time, the Atlanta Hawks’ bird-brained mascot makes a temporary home on top of TNT’s backboard camera.
• Ex-Jag Jimmy Smith gives new meaning to “possession receiver“.
• MMA women menstruating does not make for a bloody good fight.
• That’s bra-wful: Brandi Chastain’s famous World Cup cups holder is caught up in bankruptcy court.
Tags: Anaheim Ducks
, Atlanta Hawks
, Brandi Chastain
, Cleveland Cavaliers
, Cris Cyborg Santos
, Jay Paterno
, Jimmy Smith
, Joe Paterno
, Lindsay Soto
, Nude Kitesurfing
, Pedophile Coaches
, Richard Branson
, Tcu Horned Frogs
, Wisconsin Whitewater Warhawks
Ronald Bailey became so well known in the community in his hometown of Boiling Springs, North Carolina, that he was simply known as “Coach Ron”, a 70-year-old youth baseball coach who was trusted by parents and kids alike. But the SHELBY STAR says his motives for volunteering were far from pure: He had been using his position of authority as a coach as a way to lure children under the age of 12 into having sex with him.
It’s a testament to the control Bailey had over his victims and their parents that he was able to get away with this for more than 20 years before finally being brought to justice. On Monday, Bailey was sentenced to a minimum of 19 years in prison for a variety of sexual molestation-related crimes, while expressing remorse that he had hurt children he considered to be “a part of my family.”