Brett Favre will be staying in a green uniform this season - as a member of the New York Jets.
Buried at the end of a column published Saturday, the MILWAUKEE JOURNAL-SENTINEL has an update on those Lambeau Bikini girls we’ve all come to know and love.
Apparently, the Maxim spread is still very much a possibility. Which is a polite way of saying, “God Bless America.” Read more…
SbB poses the hard-hitting questions:
• Would Maria Sharapova do a Playboy pictorial?
• Why haven’t the Packers Bikini Girls spread for Maxim yet?
• Ron Artest? Who’s that?
• Has Tony & Jessica’s Romo-ance fallen incomplete?
• What’s that on Eva Longoria’s neck?
• How did you get this number?
The Packers Bikini Girls world tour continued at WTMJ-AM in Milwaukee on Thursday, and we may have finally nailed down the reason why we probably won’t be seeing them in MAXIM.
(OK, we lied)
Excerpt from the WTMJ website, which might have been written by an intern: “Maxim Magazine has contacted three women who, for portions of Packers games they’ve attended, worn nothing but their bikinis on their bodies. The girls, Jen and Ashley and their cousin Liz who are all students at UWM, are considering their offer, but they’ve stated that they won’t wear less than the homemade gold bikinis with Packers logos on them.”
We’re guessing that probably wasn’t enough for the gang at Maxim, which was likely to slather them in Osi Umenyiora Doo Doo Butter™ before strapping ‘em to the nearest Mark Chmura game-used, NFL LICENSED thong-equipped microkinis.
Packers Bikini Girls from appearance on Doug Russell’s show on WSSP-AM this week in Milwaukee.
The best pic we’ve seen so far. Girl (notice how we never bothered to find out their names) on the left looks pretty damn good in that shot. She’d have been worth a MAXIM shoot alone.
SbB while you were recovering from Wendy’s Stack Attack:
• Did Maxim do an about face on Packers Bikini Girls? (sure looks like it)
• Thank god ESPN kept ND in their good graces by suspending Dana Jacobson. Yeah, that’s a valuable relationship.
• ‘Melo making sure Mayo’s leaving early? (Hello Heat!)
• As it turns out, Tom Brady plays on a second team, the Hair Club.
• Shaq’s monthly $1,500 cable bill (how many times can you watch Busty Cops III?)
MAXIM has photos of the Packers Bikini Girls today on its website. Sorry, there’s nothing new or all that exciting. Apparently the mag bought a few snaps of the girls from the game. Here’s one of the shots:
(no, no, at 3am on a Tuesday)
We’re guessing after getting a closeup gander at the gals, the mag passed on a full-blown shoot. Unlike the marginally more attractive F*** Da Eagles Girl.
It is kinda sad though. The girls get all this publicity and the best they could do was a few hundee from Maxim and no appearance in the actual magazine. Maybe Playboy will come forward and make things a little more interesting. On second thought, perhaps that isn’t such a good idea.
It’s been a bothersome day at SbB:
• Reggie Bush bellows that he hates the paparazzi.
• Rick Majerus’ views on abortion annoy his employers.
• Mark Cuban disses Deadspin about past published photos.
• The Packers Bikini Girls aren’t amused by some online comments.
• Albert Pujols is p.o.’ed at a St. Louis TV station.
• Bridget Moynahan mask is made for bugging Brady.
We thought it a shame that the Packers didn’t make it to the Super Bowl this season. Not because we wanted Brett Favre to go out as the true Gunslinger™ that he is. But because of the Packers Bikini Girls, who we all spotted on Sunday.
As you would expect, the trio is now being besieged by the media, and no doubt will appear decked out in Pepperjack panties in Maxim before too long. Chris Mottram of MISTER IRRELEVANT and THE SPORTING BLOG spots some video of the Ice Queens, and sadly, it does disappoint a little.
The are truly authentic Wisconsin girls though, with their accents and cute little beer bellies (except for their disappointing claim that they don’t drink during games).
UPDATE: One of the girls, as “jcon4pack” is apparently on a discussion thread over at YARDBARKER. She jumped in the fray after someone called the girls “slutty”. And verified her identity by posting a personal pic of the three sisters.
MJD is off to a rousing start at YAHOO! SPORTS, with this interesting nugget from Brett Favre’s Wikipedia page: