For those wondering what Lisa Guerrero is doing these days, you’ll be pleased to know that she is now … an undercover detective! Well, that is, in a Barney Fife sort of way. It’s not a PLAYBOY cover or a sideline gig on Monday Night Football, but it pays the bills.
Guerrero recently went tabloid news magazine stealth for Inside Edition in a story that proves, for whatever reason, that’s it’s still just as easy as it ever was to peep on attractive female sports reporters. Guerrero was embedded at the Marriott Vanderbilt in Nashville — where Erin Andrews was secretly filmed naked in her room last year — with the results aired on Monday in an Inside Edition “special report.” Read more…
It’s that time of year again: time to actually read PLAYBOY for the articles. That’s because, for the third time, the mag is letting you pick the sexiest sportscaster. They’ve narrowed down the choices to 30 and are letting you vote, so put those one-hand typing skills to good use and stuff the ballot box for your favorite.
Erin Andrews is listed first, so while the list might be in alphabetical order, it may as well be in order of the favorites too. Andrews took this competition in a landslide last year (Jill Arrington won it the first year), and if I were a betting man, I would consider taking Andrews over the field. Like the Bulls of the mid-90s, even if she’s not putting the best team on the court, her momentum is unstoppable. But there’s no such thing as a sure thing; let’s take a look at some of the women hoping to dethrone America’s Sideline Princess™. (And by “let’s take a look,” I mean “let’s post some pictures.”)
Tags: Adriana Monsalve
, Ashley Russell
, Bonnie Bernstein
, Erin Andrews
, Hannah Storm
, Hazel Mae
, Jillian Barberie
, Jill Arrington
, Linda Cohn
, Lindsay Soto
, Lisa Guerrero
, Melissa Stark
, Michelle Beisner
, Pam Oliver
, Suzy Kolber
, Tina Cervasio
Guys like sports. And guys like Playboy. Now Hef’s mainstream mammary mag is offering one aspiring sportswriter the best of both worlds - a trip to cover the Final Four, financed by Hugh himself.
(First stop, NC-Double-A - Next stop, NC-Double-D’s!)
USA TODAY’S GAME ON alerts us to a great opportunity to join the ranks of such sports figures as Amanda Beard, Ashley Harkleroad & Lisa Guerrero by strutting your stuff for the Bunny. It’s a good way for budding sports reporters to build resume material, but best of all, you & your friends can now honestly claim to buy Playboy for the articles.
Details after the jump. Read more…
Mix Lisa Guerrero, Kentucky moonshine and John Daly and what do you get? An argument over who wears a larger cup size. That, and the hardest-hitting column this side of Charles Krauthammer.
(Eh, still better than Kornheiser.)
Guerrero was down south for Daly’s charity golf tournament, but she couldn’t resist sampling the local delicacies: home brewed liquor and country music. “Caught up in the spirit” of the moonshine(read: drunk), she confesses she wrote her own country tune about an aging pitcher who wants to play again. Husband Scott Erickson must be thrilled that his wife finds his feelings of physical inadequacy so inspiring that she wants to share it with the world. (Presumptive lyrics after the jump.)
• THE SCORES REPORT tells us Lisa Guerrero’s blog is off to a fiery start, as she devotes her most recent column to ripping bandwagon Pats fans.
• THE TENNIS TIMES serves up news that Ana Ivanovic may be dating some guy named Fernando Verdasco. Just don’t tell Dan Holzmann.
• THE SLANCH REPORT is not one to kiss and tell - especially when a pre-bout smooch sends one boxer to the canvas.
• WALKOFF WALK hungers at the possibilities of this year’s food bets between MLB mayors.
• Lisa Guerrero - from primetime sidelines to blogging for the L.A. Times.
• Bet the Philadelphia Police Bomb Squad feels like a bunch of wieners for blowing up a box of the Phillie Phanatic’s hot dogs.
• Ex-Nebraska RB Thunder Collins heals wounded Huskers’ hearts by saying he’s didn’t die in an apparent drug deal gone wrong.
• Plaxico Burress’ two-week timeout could be explained by troubles at home.
• Remember all that money T. Boone Pickens gave to Oklahoma State to build up the Cowboys’ athletic facilities? Well, he might want some of that back.
Tags: Cincinnati Reds
, Corey Patterson
, Dusty Baker
, Fresno State Bulldogs
, Lisa Guerrero
, Michael Vick
, Nebraska Cornhuskers
, Nude Women Of Curling
, Oklahoma State Cowboys
, Phillie Phanatic
, Plaxico Burress
, Ron Kittle
, T. Boone Pickens
, Thunder Collins
, Ucla Bruins
With a new season of Monday Night Football underway, we wonder what happened to one of the former stars of the primetime sideline - Lisa Guerrero. Last we heard, she was starring in a (presumably straight-to-video) film co-produced by her hubby, ex-baseballer Scott Erickson.
Well, fans, you’ll be relieved(?) to know that the still-inspiring actress hasn’t fully abandoned the sports landscape, as she’s achieved a new athletic-related gig - as a blogger for the L.A. TIMES.
We earlier told you how former “Monday Night Football” sideliner Lisa Guerrero was looking to make it in the movies. Now, Michael Rand of the MINNEAPOLIS STAR-TRIBUNE has a follow-up Q&A with the aspiring actress.
Guerrero gabs about her upcoming lead role in “A Plumm Summer”, which happens to be produced by her hubby & ex-MLB pitcher Scott Erickson. As any good film promoter would, Lisa lauds her major movie debut as fun for the whole family: Read more…
As the NFL Combine gets into full swing, practices are also starting up for some indoor football squads. And one female sports reporter is getting an in-depth look of the lesser-known leagues - by suiting up with a team.
The COLUMBUS (GA) LEDGER-ENQUIRER has the story on Rachel Baribeau, a reporter for local radio station WEAM 1580, who’s been banging with the big boys out on the practice field. Read more…
• Cowboys fans can keep cringing, as Tony Romo & Jessica Simpson could soon be tying the knot:
• Shaq & Kidd’s new team debuts could have gone better.
• Amani Toomer doesn’t really Hail to the Victors much these days.
• The Lakers’ Coby Karl had a busy Tuesday, playing two pro basketball games back to back.
Tags: Alex Rodriguez
, Amani Toomer
, Barack Obama
, Coby Karl
, Jason Kidd
, Jessica Simpson
, Jimmy Rollins
, Kelvin Sampson
, Lisa Guerrero
, Los Angeles Lakers
, Michigan Wolverines
, Shaquille Oneal
, Speedo. Emmitt Smith
, Tony Romo