Last February I wrote that I thought SPORTS ILLUSTRATED would eventually push its swimsuit models into posing nude in order to keep publishing’s largest selling annual mag copy, the vaunted SI Swimsuit Issue, on top of the circulation heap.
Perhaps someone at ESPN THE MAGAZINE was listening.
Yesterday I posted a graphic comparing ad revenue between SI and ESPN The Magazine. While SI more than doubled ESPN’s ad take, I wondered if the swimsuit issue was subtracted, would SI still be ahead of ESPN’s print offering?
(One of SbB’s suggestions for ESPN The Mag “Nude” Issue - Leryn Franco)
Apparently ESPN also took notice of that recently as I’ve since learned from two Bristol-based sources that in October ESPN The Magazine will roll out a “nude issue”, with the edition featuring SI Swimsuit Issue favorite Danica Patrick.
(Will Danica’s tramp stamp survive the ESPN shoot, unlike at SI?)
Good news: There’s a new bikini photo shoot video out of Paraguayan Olympic Javelin Thrower Leryn Franco.
Bad News: She doesn’t get nekkid.
Video after the jump. Read more…
• It was a big day for grainy video of youth football controversy. First, some high school kicker abused the the goal post support, Phil Dawson-style (but didn’t get the call). Then, some youth coach just flat-out abused an opposing player.
• Paraguayan javelin-thrower Leryn Franco is nippin’ out on the runway. She’ll use the photo for her Christmas card like Elaine Benes did.
• Don’t expect a closing baseball stadium to just let you stroll in and scoop up your dead father.
• Brett Favre’s home in Wisconsin has decided it’s time to move on, and is going forward in finding a new owner.
• Lions fans should be pretty excited that they’re still going to go 12-4, according to Roy Williams. The Cubs are also going to be the only team to come back from a 3-0 deficit in a best-of-five series.
• Just when you thought we’d gotten rid of Kevin Costner once and for all, it’s time for a Bull Durham sequel. Read more…
Tags: Brett Favre
, Bull Durham
, Cc Sabathia
, Greg Schiano
, Kevin Costner
, Leryn Franco
, Phil Dawson
, Roy Williams
, Rutgers Scarlet Knights
, Shea Stadium
, Washington Redskins
, Youth Sport Violence
There have been plenty of great baseball movies made throughout history, and for a lot of people one of the best ever made was Bull Durham. Personally, I don’t include Bull Durham in my list of the greatest baseball movies because I don’t consider it a baseball movie. In reality it’s just a chick flick disguised as a baseball movie, as it’s more about the love triangle between Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, and Kevin Costner than it is about baseball.
I do realize that there are people who think differently about the flick, though, and those folks are going to be pretty happy to hear this. Apparently there have been plans for a sequel to the movie for a while, and those plans are finally starting to get off the ground.
You probably remember Leryn Franco. She is the former Miss Paraguay who also happens to be a member of the Paraguayan Olympic team as a javelin thrower in both the 2004 and 2008 Games. In other words, she’s incredibly hot and can kill you from over 50 yards away, and there’s just something incredibly sexy about that. You know what else is incredibly sexy? Franco’s breast being exposed while she walked a runway at a fashion show over the weekend.
The photos are courtesy of LESS CLOTHES, and I’d like to let the fellas over there know that they are indeed doing the Lord’s work. More photos after the jump.
• We proudly(?) present photographic proof of the facial pummeling taken by Dennis Northcutt’s pregnant girlfriend.
• Tennis star Novak Djokovic is more than happy to score this kind of love - pretty Paraguay Olympian Leryn Franco.
• Despite the chance of a career-ending injury, Shawne Merriman feels the “knee-d” to play in 2008.
• A 12-year-old female hockey player vows to lace ‘em up again after suffering an on-ice stroke.
• The lowest-rated player in Madden 09 gets to prove his stuff on the field for real tonight.
Tags: Beijing Olympics
, Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
, Cricket Brawl
, Dennis Northcutt
, Hockey Player Has Stroke
, Jay Mariotti
, Lendale White
, Leryn Franco
, Madden 09
, Nova Djokovic
, Ohio State Buckets
, Sharri Henry
, Shawne Merriman
When we first learned of lovely Leryn Franco, we figured it would only be a matter of time before some well-known athlete would become smitten with the pretty Paraguayan javelin thrower.
And now a Serbian swinger has stepped up to the plate - tennis star Novak Djokovic has apparently fallen for Franco.
Although Djokovic has just started playing in the opening rounds of the U.S. Open, he can already claim the best trophy.
REUTERS today examines the growing trend of Olympians shedding their clothes and posing for the camera. The wire service not only provides you a lengthy list of sexy sports stars for you to throw into a Google image search (thank you, Reuters!), but they also examine how sex appeal is helping boost the popularity of niche sports and the hot athletes who play them.
(Pretty Paraguayan Olympian Leryn Franco poses provocatively for profit)
The story also introduces us to two-time Olympic javelin thrower Leryn Franco (pictured) of Paraguay who is able to fund her athletic endeavors through her second career as a model. Franco, who won herself many new fans after appearing in last night’s broadcast of the opening ceremonies, tells REUTERS “Modeling is a way for me to continue with my sport, the hours are flexible, and you can earn good money through photographic modeling and the catwalk.”