• Police have determined that 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi shot & killed ex-Titans QB Steve McNair, ruling the deaths a murder-suicide.
• Seems sadly ironic that McNair had filmed a PSA about suicide prevention just a few weeks before. And Steve’s wife was reportedly “blindsided” by her husband’s affair.
• Interesting that Sahel had recently put up all her furniture for sale. More interesting that her ex-boyfriend performed a rap about shooting someone.
• During Michael Jackson’s memorial service, Magic Johnson recalls his fondest memory of the “King of Pop” - sittin’ on the floor & eatin’ KFC.
• FIU’s cheerleading squad is saved. Thank you, bikini car wash!
Tags: Bernie Ecclestone
, Erin Andrews
, Fiu Cheerleaders
, Florida International Golden Panthers
, Heidi Hamels
, Jennie Finch
, Joanna Krupa
, Laura Posada
, Magic Johnson
, Manny Ramirez
, Marta Krupa
, Michael Jackson
, Sahel Kazemi
, Steve McNair
, Terrell Owens
Can’t wait for T.O.’s new reality show to hit the tube? Maybe an E! True Hollywood Story about baseball wives will tide you over in the meantime.
(Left to right - Jennie, Heidi, Laura)
Tonight’s episode (10 p.m. Eastern, check local listings) features such baseball better halves as Jennie Finch (sexy softball star & wife of Astros pitcher Casey Daigle), Heidi Hamels (ex-”Survivor” contestant, Playboy poser & wife of Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels) and Laura Posada (ex-model- slash-actress & wife of Yankees catcher Jorge Posada).
Sounds like a killer lineup. But not everyone was so gung-ho about showing up in the show.
(More pics after the jump.)
There aren’t many sports power couples, but there’s definitely a hierarchy. Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf are the A-listers. Shelden Williams and Candace Parker are, generously, B-list. Jennie Finch and Casey Daigle are just scraping by as C-listers. So where does that leave MMA Fighter KJ Noons and Lingerie Football League “player” Melany Lorenzo? Who cares, she’s hot and has lots of pictures. Happy New Year to you, too.
Noons has put together a 7-2 record in MMA, mostly EliteXC of late. And Lorenzo, big surprise, is a former Playboy model (I’m shocked - shocked! - that someone in Lingerie Football would have to resort to something so degrading). Which means, if you were so inclined, there are ways of seeing her in less clothing. Although these will suffice for now, I think.
Tags: Andre Agassi
, Candace Parker
, Casey Daigle
, Jennie Finch
, Kj Noons
, Lingerie Football
, Lingerie Football League
, Melany Lorenzo
, Melany Lorenzo Photos
, Shelden Williams
, Steffi Graf
Sure, Americans are superficial, but in terms of national sensitivity, no country is more image-conscious than China, and nowhere was it more evident than the 2008 Olympics. Their ceremonies were–to put it mildly–extravagant and the precision and execution of the games themselves were testaments to a discipline nonpareil.
(Quick, China, cover your eyes and ears! She’s about to express an opinion!)
But there are significant (potential) sources of embarrassment for China, not the least of which include human rights concerns, Tibet, Darfur, and I’ll just stop now before they treat SbB like they did Jennie Finch and a handful of her fellow Olympians. USA TODAY reported today that before the Olympics, China put together a list of “potential troublemakers” on the American squad and asked American officials to squelch any possible demonstrations. Touchy much? Read more…
There are several sports that trying to get a place on the Olympics Games rotation (yes Peyton, including football). CO-ED MAGAZINE talks about one that probably won’t be, but would probably make guys watch more Olympics coverage
online when their wives are asleep with their wives: Competitive Pole Dancing.
Apparently such competitions exist: SFGATE.COM has a list of several, ranging from the clothed to the nude. The story includes a video of the Belgian Competitive Pole Dancing Champion, Anouch Proost. Are we going to give you the SFW video? Of course we are…after the jump.
• Jennie Finch & the U.S. softball team gets jumped by Japan in the sport’s final Olympic gold-medal game.
• Mark Spitz says he could’ve taken Michael Phelps - to at least a tie.
• Jerry Jones pops up an idea on how to keep Peter King quiet.
• Gene Upshaw goes to that great bargaining table in the sky.
• Chinese authorities have no problem sentencing 70-year-old ladies to manual labor. It’s their own fault for complaining about their houses being bulldozed for the Olympics.
Tags: Beijing Oylmpics
, Brett Favre
, Gene Upshaw
, Jennie Finch
, Jerry Jones
, Kansas Jayhawks
, Mark Spitz
, Michael Phelps
, Peter King
, Sports Sex Offender
, Sumo Wrestling
, Underage Drinking At Games
, Us Softball
Softball is a sport that has been dominated by the United States in it’s short Olympic history. The American team basically shows up every four years, destroys the “competition,” and then goes home with a gold medal. Four years ago in Athens, the Americans outscored their opponents 51-1 en route to yet another gold.
Which is why the IOC has decided that 2008 will be the last time softball is featured in the Olympics. As you’d expect, this is pretty upsetting for the U.S. team, who are doing everything they can to try and get the sport reinstated back into the Olympics. Of course, I didn’t think they’d go this far.
• DEADSPIN sits down for a nice chat with the one & only Sean Salisbury.
• J. Darin Darst of CBSSPORTS.COM asks the most pressing question of this year’s Games: Who’s hotter - Jennie Finch or Alicia Sacramone?
• WITH LEATHER pins down news of a high school wrestler getting in trouble for grinding his groin in a fellow grappler’s face.
• THE SCORES REPORT rolls out a typical daily schedule for Michael Phelps during his Beijing stay. No wonder the guy eats 12,000 calories a day.
• THE ANGRY T pitches their tent at the College Softball World Series, as they search for the next Jennie Finch.
As if there could be any other.
• DEADSPIN takes a leap of faith with this old shirtless guy diving on a beer pong table.
• KISSING SUZY KOLBER hails to the Chief, as they believe in Brodie Croyle.
• PART MULE tries to work out how Tiger Woods could be named the fittest American.
What do you do when your sport is dropped from Olympic competition? For a group of female ski jumpers, there’s only one logical & level-headed approach to the situation: Sue the bastards!
The VANCOUVER PROVINCE reports that the shut-out slalom seekers plan to file a suit against the Vancouver Organizing Committee, hoping to have women’s ski jumping return in time for the 2010 Winter Games.
So, what kind of case do the ladies have? Read more…