• Now that he’s the flavor of the month, Michael Phelps apparently has his choice of lady companionship - Amanda Beard, model Lily Donaldson, or even Lindsay Lohan.
• Chinese citizens aren’t so smitten with their super-sized Shaq statue.
• The Bengals may bring back Chris Henry. Because everyone deserved a sixth chance.
• David Stern wants to bring an NBA league to China. Well, as long as the players don’t pose like this.
• A college hoopster for Cal Poly gets caught trying to knock off a Wisconsin bank.
I must see hundreds upon hundreds of sports photos on a daily basis - it comes part and parcel with being a sports blogger. Some are funny, some are poignant, some involve weightlifters twisting their forearms like a twist-off bottle cap. But it’s rare that you come across a photo that is so weird and amazing that you just stare in wonder at it for a few minutes, speechless. It’s like finding the Hope Diamond in the center console of your old Ford Escort. But that happened to me today. Let me present to you: Red Sox reliever Mike Timlin showing off his crossbow skill to NESN reporter/resident Red Sox Nation obsession Heidi Watney:
There are no less than 500 awesome things about this picture. Allow me to briefly point out some of the highlights:
• Heidi Watney is starting to receive Erin Andrews-levels of obsession.
• Emmitt Smith will no longer be enjoyed on ESPN’s “NFL Countdown“.
• With Internet problems all around Beijing, Olympic Village athletes will have to get their porn the old fashioned way - from dirty books at the local bookshop.
• Meanwhile, gender testers at the Games just want to make sure girls will be girls.
• “Sun-ny day, beating the clouds away” - Cubs fans pummel a White Sox supporter while attending a 2-year-old’s Sesame Street birthday party.
Tags: Anaheim Angels
, Beijing Olympics
, Boston Red Sox
, Chicago Cubs
, Chicago White Sox
, Emmitt Smith
, Heidi Watney
, Los Angeles Dodgers
, Manny Ramirez
, Manute Bol
, Mark Teixeira
, Oakland Athletics
, Sbb In Earthquake
, Tim Donaghy
Heidi Watney is quite popular with Red Sox Nation. And by “quite popular”, I mean “in danger of being stalked repeatedly”. Such is the life of an attractive NESN reporter.
And, as covered by RED SOX MONSTER, the Watney love is only growing stronger within RSN lately. That’s right, the “number one” Heidi Watney fan site has been fired up. But wait! There’s more! Even Fenway employees are gawking, too!
Thanks to blogs like this one, the practice of overrating semi-attractive women because they report on sports is now in full bloom (one exception). Especially culpable in this endeavor are Red Sox fans.
(One of few Fenway bombshells Manny won’t be responsible for)
In the wake of the departures of Tina Cervasio and Hazel Mae, the latest slobberfest has ensued in New England, where a woman named Heidi Watney has just signed on as a Red Sox reporter for NESN.