• AOL FANHOUSE congratulates Jeff Garcia’s better half for being named sexiest athlete’s wife of 2007:
• DC SPORTS BOG knows nothing keeps a team together like insulting each other.
• And when the Redskins aren’t talking smack, MY BRAIN SAYS RAGE notes they’re talking to ghosts.
• EVERY DAY SHOULD BE SATURDAY discovers this cartoonish comment on Florida’s effort in the Capital One Bowl:
• DEUCE OF DAVENPORT compares the NFL playoff teams to various beers.
• SMARTER finds Terrell Owens trying to trademark “I Love Me Some Me.”
• 100% INJURY RATE wonders when did Amare Stoudamire join the army:
• Chris Bosh wants your vote for the NBA All-Star Game.
• The BOSTON GLOBE learns that Reese Witherspoon is a Red Sox fan.
LEINART FOLLOWING BRADY’S FOOTSTEPS IN CHILD CARE: Jut like fellow NFL quarterback Tom Brady, Matt Leinart enjoys spending time with his ex-girlfriend’s kid:
KABC-TV in L.A. follows up on the former USC Heisman winner visiting with son, Cole. The youngster was the result of liaisons between Leinart and current USC basketball player Brynn Cameron during his days on campus.Leinart laments being away from his offspring, telling the cameras, “I wish I could be there every day helping, but for my job, my career, it’s just tough. I don’t think I could do what she’s doing and do such a great job at it.”
With the Cardinals QB coughing up $15,000 a month in child support payments, Matt’s just making sure his money is well spent.He has to be more fiscally cautious nowadays, since selling his Arizona home to Amare Stoudamire at a $500,000 loss.